Monday

16 August 2010

Chao Chile!

Well I’m back in the U.S. now after leaving Chile last night. The last week there I spent finishing up some work and helping Monica out with her coruro trapping. I got to handle two coruros one day!

Last day at Rinconada

Also, on Wednesday was Monica’s birthday, so a bunch of us went out to dinner at a nice

restaurant called De Cangrejo a Conejo (from crab to rabbit). I had a really yummy crab meat and cheese bake thing.

Mmmmm. Other than that, this week I bought some souvenirs and lots of cookies to bring home, and revisited some of my favorite places in the city. Saturday night we went out to Tiramisú for my last night, and I got the bacon and egg pizza again (yum!) and we all shared a supercopa and another ice cream dessert.

Super good! Sunday morning we all went to visit La Chascona, Pablo Neruda’s house in Santiago. It was also very eclectic, but sadly many of the original items etc. were destroyed by the military coup. Definitely worth the visit, but I think La Sebastiana is my favorite. The other girls are going to try visit Isla Negra (his third house in Chile) and it is supposed to be beautiful also. Oh, and Saturday night Juliano was back and we took some photos with him and I said goodbye!

And now I am Raleigh, NC getting ready to start my master’s program. It’s definitely going to be an interesting transition coming from Chile. I already miss Santiago and everyone there. They promised to skype me a lot so we can have Martín Rivas book club some more. And if the actors from Martín Rivas come to Tina’s birthday party (long story) I might have to go back!!! Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun blog!! SOOOOoo nice to meet you :). Thank you for sharing!
    xox
    Ash
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete